Dressing of Rye and Sausage. This delicious dressing is bursting with crumbled cornbread, pork sausage, onions, garlic, and parsley, and is irresistible for a Thanksgiving feast! In a large pot, saute sausage in margarine with the onion, garlic, green bell pepper and celery until tender. Sausage Sauerkraut Sloppy JoesLynn's Kitchen Adventures. rolls, ground sausage, sauerkraut, provolone cheese, onion.
Apples and cranberries give this basic bread dressing fabulous fall flavor, and the sausage adds an extra dimension. Smoked sausage may rock your taste buds on the grill, but if you pitch in a few more ingredients, you can transition this savory flavor of summer into a few dishes that will have you coming back for more. To make time for last-minute Thanksgiving essentials, I prep the sausage part of this recipe a day or two ahead of time, then finish the dressing in my slow cooker on the big day. You can have Dressing of Rye and Sausage using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dressing of Rye and Sausage
- You need 6 slices of Rye bread with seeds.
- You need 1/2 pound of smoked sausage.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced celery.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 1 pint of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Golden raisins.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Sausage-Herb Dressing Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Sausage cornbread dressing is a Southern classic recipe that is popular during Thanksgiving. It uses breakfast sausage, cornmeal, buttermilk, green onions, celery and a Pour vegetable and sausage mixture over crumbled cornbread. Add chicken stock, stir to combine, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Dressing of Rye and Sausage step by step
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tear the rye bread into small chunks. Spread it out on a baking pan. Put it in the oven till dried out..
- Slice the sausage into pieces that are manageable..
- Add oil and sausage to the pan and fry with the raisins, onions, and celery..
- Mix the toasted rye bread, eggs, chicken broth, spices, and sausage mixture. Add to a baking pan..
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes..
- Let rest 7 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
Our SAUSAGE DRESSING RECIPE sure is special, so why wait for the holidays to enjoy it? THE BREAD – I used a loaf of sourdough rye bread for this recipe, cutting it into ½-inch cubes before toasting it up. The bread adds a wonderful texture to the dressing and also has a hint of caraway too. Blood sausages are made from blood, meats and filler material such as bread crumbs, rice, barley or buckwheat groats and every country has its own recipes. Blood sausages have been made for thousands of years and every country has its own recipes.