White Cheddar Soup (Condensed).
You can cook White Cheddar Soup (Condensed) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Cheddar Soup (Condensed)
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbs of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of Vermont white cheddar, shredded.
White Cheddar Soup (Condensed) step by step
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter..
- Add the flour and whisk thoroughly until smooth cooking for about a minute. (Make sure not to cook too long).
- Add milk, salt and ground mustard and whisk until smooth. Continue to heat on low for about 5 minutes until hot enough to melt the cheddar..
- Add cheddar and whisk constantly until all cheese is melted and the roux is smooth. Cook for another 3-4 minutes stirring a couple times..
- Remove from heat and use immediately or it will thicken really quick..