Fish Tacos. Well, these are the end-all be-all. Read on to see what makes these tacos so special. Make fish tacos with fresh fish fillets, corn tortillas, salsa, avocado, and coleslaw with this quick and easy fish taco recipe.
You get deliciously seasoned, tender and flaky fish pieces layered over hearty corn tortillas along with the. By Jennifer Segal (slaw and chipotle sauce adapted from Cook's Illustrated). These Baja fish tacos are made from crispy beer-battered cod tucked into corn tortillas, topped with a. You can cook Fish Tacos using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Tacos
- It’s 2 lb of tilapia.
- You need of Fish Marinade.
- You need 2 of limes (1 sliced, 1 juiced).
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño diced & seeded.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 6 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of chili blend.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried herb blend.
- It’s 1 tsp of adobo powder or sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Additives.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese.
- You need of Sour cream.
Fish tacos, that great meal of the Baja Peninsula, and a taste of summer. They are simple to make, no more complicated in fact than a hamburger or a mess of pancakes, and they are considerably more. A bad fish taco is worse than a bad chicken taco. And while most people would be turned off after multiple dismal experiences, I persevered, believing there to be better.
Fish Tacos instructions
- Mix the marinade together then pour over the fish in the baking dish you intend to use, making sure that it gets on all of the fish & on both sides. Then let it sit in the fridge for 1-5 hours..
- After slicing the onion, place in a bowl & add the red wine vinegar so all the onion is submerged. Keep it soaking for at least an hour, more if you want..
- After the fish has marinated to your liking place it in the oven at 385 for 20-23 minutes. Flake the fish into a serving bowl with the leftover marinade in the baking dish..
- Spread the sour cream on your tortilla, add the flaked fish then add the soaked red onion, cilantro, & shredded cheese. You can also add your favorite salsa if you want as well..
Choice of rice & beans or salad. This Baja Fish Taco Recipe is super easy to make, healthy, and full of flavor. Your family will love this Mexican favorite! Baja style fish tacos are a regional style of taco found in. Our go-to Fish Tacos Recipe for entertaining!