Chicken with chorizo and olives. This Spanish-style chicken stew with chorizo, olives and chickpeas is simply packed with flavour. Looking for more easy chicken recipes? They really shine in this Spanish-style chicken, chorizo, olive and chickpea stew which you just need to make ASAP!
Chicken and chorizo is a popular combination that creates smoky, Spanish-inspired dishes. You don't need many other ingredients to make the chicken and chorizo shine, because there's so much flavour in them already. I had a chicken empanada for dinner last night that had been billed as spicy but was actually unbelievably bland, and so perhaps you'll understand why I felt so sorry for myself when I saw Smitten Kitchen's recipe for chicken empanadas with chorizo and olives this afternoon. You can cook Chicken with chorizo and olives using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken with chorizo and olives
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, sliced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Prepare 115 grams of (4oz) chorizo sausage, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 of courgette, sliced.
- You need 400 grams of can chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 150 ml of (Â¼pt) double-strength chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of basil, chopped, plus extra to serve.
- Prepare 55 grams of (2oz) black olives.
Season the chicken pieces and cook on all sides until golden. Add the capsicums, red onion, garlic, chorizo and paprika Stir in the rice then pour in the wine, stock, orange zest and juice and the salt. Place the chicken on top of the rice along with any juices and the olives.. Chicken Thighs With Chorizo And Rice, Grilled Chicken, Chorizo And Mozzarella Kebabs, Chorizo & Chickpea Braised Chicken Thighs.
Chicken with chorizo and olives instructions
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the chicken, garlic and chorizo. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in the red pepper and courgette, then stir-fry for a few more minutes..
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, stock, sugar and ground paprika, basil and olives, then simmer for a while minutes until the vegetables are just tender..
- Scatter with basil leaves and serve.Suitable for freezing..
- Serve with rice or add a 410g can of beans to create a one-pot meal..
Fill each chicken breast with the chorizo mixture. Heat the remaining olive oil in a separate, ovenproof frying pan over a high heat, add the stuffed Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set aside on a warm plate to rest. Meanwhile, for the sautéed chorizo and potatoes, heat a separate frying pan. Documents Similar To Chicken Empanada With Chorizo and Olives. This hearty, rich Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya is great for family gatherings.