Coconut Cream Pie. I used a whole package of the frozen coconut in the pie. Follow the recipe closely including using canned coconut milk, half-and-half, and tempering the egg yolks. Chill the pie crust inside the pie dish before blind baking.
And this, my friends, is a Coconut Cream Pie dreams are made of. Coconut Cream Pie has to be one of THE best desserts ever, yes I love Oreos and the like but I would always pick this classic dessert any day over all the new trendy ones coming through! How To Make Coconut Cream Pie. You can cook Coconut Cream Pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Cream Pie
- It’s 1 of Baked pie crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweetened flake coconut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cups of Heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
Place the shortbread cookies, coconut, and melted butter in a food processor. When it comes to pie recipes, this classic coconut pie recipe takes the blue ribbon. The use of a refrigerated pie crust makes it easy and the whipped cream makes it fun and stunning. Coconut cream pie is comprised of four different pastry components: pie crust, coconut pastry cream, toasted coconut, and whipped cream.
Coconut Cream Pie instructions
- Bake your favorite pie crust according to directions. Set aside and cool..
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in sauce pan. Whisk egg yolks and whole milk in bowl. Whisk into sugar and cornstarch mixture in saucepan over medium heat. Continue whisking until creamy..
- Remove custard from heat. Add butter, coconut, and vanilla. Stir until all is incorporated. Place plastic wrap directly over custard in pan to prevent air. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes..
- Spoon custard into baked pie crust. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add sugar towards end of whipping. Pipe or spoon cream over the top of the custard. Garnish with toasted coconut. Enjoy..
Each of these components are simple to make on their own. "Coconut cream pie made the old-fashioned way! Mounds of fluffy coconut-cream cheese whipped cream, creamy coconut custard filling and a crisp buttery pie crust! Easy old-fashioned Coconut Cream Pie is homemade with a creamy coconut pudding filling and whipped cream topping. This AMAZING Pie is a crowd favorite. I never liked coconut cream pie until this recipe.