Fish Thoran (Meen Pattichathu. For preparing anchovies/netholi thoran(meen pattichathu), grind coarsely the coconut, shallots, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Add this mixture to the fish in a pan. Add the soaked coccum and required salt.
Kudam puli scientifically known as Garcinia cambogia is actually good for the heart, cholesterol, and fights obesity. We knanayaites use this puli in all our fish (meen) curries. The only other people I know other than us who use Kudam puli is the = Coorgies. You can have Fish Thoran (Meen Pattichathu using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish Thoran (Meen Pattichathu
- Prepare 1/2 kg of fish cleaned and cut to small pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tamarind green (Cheema puli).
- You need of INGREDIENTS FOR THE GRAVY.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onions small.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger,garlic chopped-each.
- You need 5 nos of green chillies or Kanthari.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 3 sprigs of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (to taste),approx;.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut grated.
This appetizing spicy red fish curry from Kerala is inspired from Syrian Christian cuisine.. Mouthwatering Foods to Try. Кадры из видео Unakka meen thoran Mathi Peera Pattichathu or sardines cooked with grated coconut is a popular Kerala lunch -seafood dish with enticing flavors! Kozhuva (Anchovies) or Mathi (Sardines) are usually used for making traditional Kerala style Meen peera.
Fish Thoran (Meen Pattichathu instructions
- All the spices listed above mixed with the coconut are slightly crushed gently in a mixer cum grinder. Now mix the fish with the sliced tamarind and the gravy as above..
- Pour the mixture in to a pan preferably a clay pan.See that there is enough water just to cover the fish. Cook for about 15-20 minutes till the thoran is dry. serve hot or cold.Yummy Meen thoran is ready.
However, you can use any small fish for making Meen peera. Choora Meen Thoran-Tuna Thoran is an easy and versatile dry side dish made using canned tuna or fresh tuna and grated coconut. Non-vegetarian thorans are also equally popular ones. Fish Thoran -Meen Thoran is such an easy and versatile dish, made using any kind of fish, here I used. Fish Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Indian Food Recipes, Asian Recipes, Anchovy Recipes, Kerala Food, Recipe Community, Gravy, Side Dishes.