Ox Tail Soup.
You can cook Ox Tail Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ox Tail Soup
- Prepare 6-8 lb of ox tails.
- It’s 2 of onions, whole.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 cans of tomato soup.
- You need 1 cup of barley (not "instant" barley").
- Prepare 2 lb of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 10 stalks of celery, sliced.
- It’s 2 of large onions, diced.
- You need 5 cups of cooked spaetzle (see spaetzle recipe).
Ox Tail Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, add ox tails, then add water to cover the oxtails by an inch. Add whole onions, cloves of the garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours..
- Take out ox tails and refrigerate overnight. Discard whole onion and cloves of garlic from the broth. Refrigerate the broth and bay leaves separately from the ox tails overnight..
- Skim and remove the layer of fat from the broth. Trim fat from ox tails..
- In a large stock pot, add back in broth and ox tails. Add in tomato soup, bring to boil. Add barley. Cover and simmer for an hour..
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add in spaetzle. Remove bay leaves..