Smoked beef ribs on a gas bbq??. Smoked BBQ beef ribs are indeed a thing of beauty. A crust of impossibly dark bark. This is actually the least complicated part.
Start by removing the membranes from the beef ribs (this is much easier. Although getting an authentic barbecue flavor when cooking ribs on a gas grill can be difficult—gas grills are great for hot and fast cooking but not so efficient when you need to turn a rack of ribs into tender, smoky. Whether it is meaty beef short ribs or the more flavorful beef back ribs, the key to successfully replicating this Texas BBQ classic is cooking them Here's a video of how our friend Malcom Reed of HowToBBQRight.com cooks beef ribs. You can have Smoked beef ribs on a gas bbq?? using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked beef ribs on a gas bbq??
- Prepare of For the rub I always make more for future times.
- You need 1/4 cup of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of spicy paprika.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of garlic powder.
- You need of For the meat ?.
- Prepare 1 rack of off ribs.
- It’s 3 tbs of butter you can use salted or not.
- It’s of Aluminum foil.
- It’s of For the gas bbq.
- Prepare 2 cups of smoking chips soaked from night before.
Be sure to subscribe to The How To BBQ Right YouTube. Smoking ribs on a gas grill is a challenge, but we love a good challenge, so read on for our step by step guide. What's most important is getting smoke into the ribs for the first two hours of the cook. Close the lid on the smoker box and put the grate back in place (or leave it off to make refilling easy).
Smoked beef ribs on a gas bbq?? instructions
- First rinse the meat and remove the membrane from the inside of the ribs.
- Rub the meat with some of the butter and add the dry rub don’t be cheap on both sides.
- Now get the aluminum foil cut in to two pieces enough to feat the ribs and some room to fold it.
- Add the butter on both sides of the foil and put the ribs inside and fold, make sure it will not leak out when everything starts to melt. Now let it rest about 2 hrs.
- On a little metal rack add the wood chips and start the bbq only one side where the chips are going to be. Heat it up to 250F it’s crucial the temp doesn’t go up or down.
- Now that the temp is at 250f add the rack on the other side of the bbq and cook like that for 1.5 hrs.
- Now take the ribs out of the foil and rub a bit more rub lightly this time.
- Cook till ready about 3-4 hrs just make sure the smoke remains through the cooking process add chips if you have too.
- Enjoy this is not very easy but it’s worth it.
Beef short ribs can come with a little excess fat and some silverskin on the meat side. Just like most BBQ meats, short ribs are full of connective tissue and need a long, slow cook to break those down. If you are going to use a gas grill for smoking, I'd recommend using one with Infrared technology like. Beef short ribs are probably my favourite cut of meat to smoke at the moment. Don't be fooled by the name.