Chickpeas with chorizo. Chickpeas are often cooked with spinach, from India to the New World. But in southern Spain, they are mostly made with chorizo. Combine these ideas, and you have a rich, deep, full-flavored stew perfect.
This recipe adds potatoes to make a it little more hearty as a full meal. This baked rice studded with chorizo, chickpeas, currants, and tomatoes is my heartier, adapted version of Claudia Roden's Baked Rice with Chickpeas and Currants from The Food of Spain. Once the chorizo is crumbled and cooked off, the dish proceeds much like a curry, the spices Pour in the tomatoes, chickpeas, and water. You can have Chickpeas with chorizo using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpeas with chorizo
- Prepare 250 g of chickpeas (ready cooked).
- Prepare 100 g of chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
Learn how to make Chickpeas with Chorizo and Cherry Tomatoes. Make this sheet pan cod with chorizo and chickpeas once and it will become a regular at the dinner table. Healthy, quick and above all packed with flavour! Stir in chorizo and continue cooking until heated through.
Chickpeas with chorizo instructions
- Chop the onion and sauté in 2 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan.
- Cut up the chorizo and set aside..
- Rinse the cooked chickpeas well and then add them to the fried onion together with 1/2 tsp paprika – continue frying for a further 5 mins..
- Add the chopped chorizo and fry a little longer before serving..
Tip the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chickpeas and peppers. Splash with sherry vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Chickpeas and Chorizo is a flavourful dish that traces its origin to the Mediterranean cuisine. Many of you might not be familiar with chorizo, as its a type of sausage popular in Europe. This chorizo and chickpea stew recipe is packed with bold flavors.