Rice, potatoes and spinach. Crisp-tender chicken baked to absolute perfection with potatoes and spinach. It's been an amazing week, but it's time to get home so that I can burn off all these croissants, macarons, baguettes, hot chocolate, and falafels. Not to mention that massive Nutella-banana street crepe I had in the middle of the night.
Fluffy rice, caramelized sweet potatoes, crunchy sunflower seeds all coming together to make one amazing, mouthwatering dish that goes with everything from grilled portabella mushrooms to you name it. Once most of the liquid has evaporated, add remaining stock, stirring constantly until most of the liquid has evaporated and the rice is tender. However, one day, after opening my fridge and pantry, all I had were: brown rice mixed with wild rice, a sweet potato, and a bag of frozen spinach. You can have Rice, potatoes and spinach using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice, potatoes and spinach
- You need 1/4 kg of rice, washed.
- You need 4 of large potatoes, peeled, washed and sliced.
- It’s 2 of large ripe tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of large carrots, grated.
- Prepare 3 of large carrots, diced.
- Prepare Handful of spinach, sliced.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Salt, pepper.
Drain the potatoes and set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat. Combine prepared potatoes and milk in a large mixing bowl; using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Oven-toasted pumpkin seeds, avocado and salsa verde make it totally irresistible.
Rice, potatoes and spinach instructions
- In hot oil add onion, cook till golden brown..
- Add tomatoes and carrots..
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes..
- Add potatoes, stir. Add salt and pepper and stir..
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 3 minutes..
- Add the spinach and stir. Cook for 2 minutes, add boiling water and add the rice and stir..
- Cover and allow to cook till all water has evaporated..
- Serve accompanied with a hot cup of coffee..
More reasons to love this dish? You'll have enough time while the sweet potatoes and rice cook to clean the kitchen before dinner's ready. The Best Rice With Potatoes Recipes on Yummly Sweet Potato Risotto, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Grandma's Rice, Potato And Fish Mix.. unsalted cod, oil, potato, paprika, salt, spinach. In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil.