Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast. I hated pot roast and mashed potatoes. I loved canned sardines on crackers. True story, I would fight my Dad for the last one.
Make-ahead tip: Sear the pot roast, caramelize the onions and mushrooms, and chop the carrots and celery the day before. Then pop it all into the slow cooker on Sunday and go enjoy your day. Watch the video to see how easily this family-pleasing dish comes. You can have Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Prepare of Chuck Roast.
- You need 32 ounce of beef broth.
- You need 4-6 of carrots chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of diced potatoes or bag of small potatoes.
- You need 4 of shallots ( left whole unpeeled) or can use 1 small onion even pearl onions work great to!.
- Prepare 1 of Lipton onion recipe packet.
- Prepare Dashes of Worcestershire and A1.
- It’s of Seasonings.
With the help of a slow cooker, you can prepare a down-home dinner any day of the week, not just on Sundays. The roast turns out tender and savory every time. —Brandy Schaefer, Glen Carbon, Illinois. The easiest way to cook a pot roast – in the slow cooker! This no-fail recipe turns out an amazing Sunday dinner every single time.
Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast step by step
- Set crockpot on low/.. (will take 8-10hrs) high (4-6 hours)/ and fill with chuck roast and beef broth and cover.
- Once starts to heat I throw seasonings in (can do in beginning).
- Let sit 2 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low (once roast gets browned color).. At this time add carrots and cover for one hour… (I do this to let meat cook more to have a tender shredded ending also so veggies don't boil and mush down ..carrots take lil longer than potatoes to cook and soften).
- Now add potatoes and onions and cover for few more hours until all tender.
- Once meat shreds on its own and potatoes are soft turn off and serve!.
- Yummy Sunday Dinner!!!.
Tender, fall-apart roast cooked together with carrots and potatoes, thrown together in the morning and ready to eat when dinner rolls around. Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast that leaves you with tender meat, vegetables and a built in gravy to The great thing about this Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast is that the whole meal really is made in one place. We like to serve it with a side salad to add a fresh flavor to. Slow Cooker, Instant Pot and Oven methods included! Fall apart, tender Pot Roast slow cooked and smothered in a delicious gravy with potatoes and carrots.