Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara.
You can have Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara
- Prepare 1 of half pound uncooked bacon bits.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of bacon grease.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chopped garlic in oil.
- You need 3 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 pound of uncooked spaghetti.
- You need 1 quart of Half and Half.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of FRESH grated parm.
- Prepare 2 of uncooked, scrambled eggs.
Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara step by step
- Cook 1 pound spaghetti until al dente. (Not completely cooked, but almost.) Cool pasta and drizzle with a tbsp. olive oil, and set pasta aside..
- In large pan, cook bacon bits with bacon grease over med-high heat. Until bacon bits are brick red in color or well done..
- Reduce heat, and add garlic. Cook until garlic is browned. (The garlic will burn quickly, so be careful with this step.).
- Add 3 tbsp. butter and melt down..
- Add about 3/4 of your quart of half and half. Save the rest for reheating the pasta..
- Add spaghetti, and bring to boil until it reduces. You want the half and half to rise to the top of the pan, and then reduce. This usually takes around 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from heat and add FRESH grated parm..
- Once the parm is well mixed in and melted, add 2 raw eggs. (I like to scramble mine before adding).