Pickled Asparagus with an Onion.
You can cook Pickled Asparagus with an Onion using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pickled Asparagus with an Onion
- It’s of Vegetables to be pickled.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of asparagus whole.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of juniper berries.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pickling spices.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey.
- You need 1 of Solution part.
- It’s 1 cup of apple cider vinegar raw/organic.
- Prepare 1 cup of white distilled vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of canning salt.
- You need 2 of Solution part.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of canning salt.
Pickled Asparagus with an Onion instructions
- Heat the vinegars to a boil dissolve the salt..
- Cut the woody end off the asparagus bottoms and discard. Trim the asparagus to fit the height of the sterilized jar. Get the pickling spices. Stuff the jar with the asparagus, spices, and sliced onion..
- Add the honey first then the boiling vinegar solution..
- Boil the water and salt then top off the jar. Put the lid on careful this will be hot. Shake a wee bit to mix. Set on a paper towel. The jar and lid is very hot. If you set it on something cold it could shatter the jar causing you cuts and burns, please be careful..
- Let this cool and check lid to see if it sealed. The top center of lid should be sucked in. If not put into a refrigerator for a week or two. If it has let sit on shelf to pickle for about two-6 weeks. I hope you enjoy!!!!.