Pastry for double-crust (savory) pie. Several pie crust recipes—an all butter pie crust, or pate brisee, an all butter crust with almonds, combining butter and shortening crust, and The most classic pie or pastry crust is made with butter. That one can take some practice to master, because if you handle it too much it will end up tough. Roll out second ball; cut slits in pastry.
Here's how to obtain perfect piecrust. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You can have Pastry for double-crust (savory) pie using 4 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pastry for double-crust (savory) pie
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1.5 tsp. of salt.
- You need 225 grams of butter.
- It’s 8-10 tbsp. of water.
Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Fold extra pastry under bottom crust; flute edge. Using pastry brush, brush pastry with some milk; sprinkle with a little sugar, if desired. There are probably as many pie crust recipes out there as there are bakers.
Pastry for double-crust (savory) pie instructions
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour and salt. Cut butter into small cubes and stir into the mix using a fork. Add water 1 tbsp. at a time to help bringing ingredients together. At the last minute bring everything together with your hands. Adjust for extra flour or water. Divide mix into 2 balls, wrap in plastic film. The wrapped dough can be refrigerated for next-day used or reserve at room temp if it’s going to be used soon..
Many of us struggle with pie crust; this Gently shape the pastry into a cohesive mass. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side. PASTRY FOR DOUBLE-CRUST PIE: In a mixing bowl, stir together flour and salt. Divide in half, form each half into a ball.