Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers. Steam asparagus until tender but crisp. Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a frypan over medium heat. Popular recipes include steamed pudding, steamed fish, steamed chicken and steamed dumplings.
Add salt and butter, and bring to a boil. Trim the dry ends off of the asparagus. If the spears are thick, peel them lightly with a vegetable peeler. You can cook Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers
- Prepare bunch of – 450g asparagus spears..
- You need 4 of 150g rockling fillets.
- You need 30 grams of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of capers (I used baby capers).
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
While asparagus steams, whisk together mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl. Whisk in rice vinegar, broth and lemon juice until smooth. Meanwhile, zest and juice the lemon. Arrange the asparagus on a plate and drizzle with lemon-oil mixture.
Rockling on steamed Asparagus with capers step by step
- Steam asparagus until tender but crisp..
- Meanwhile, season fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat butter and oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Place fish in pan and cook 3-4 minutes a side until just cooked through. (don't overcook).
- Divide the asparagus between four warmed dinner plates and lay the fish on top of the asparagus..
- Return the fry pan to heat, stir in the capers and cook 30 seconds. Divide the caper sauce over the fish..
- (I boiled some small potatoes in the bottom of the steamer that go nice with this.).
My first time making steamed asparagus– I had no idea how long to steam. Asparagus is so simple to make and doesn't require anything fancy to taste great. I steam my asparagus like this in just a little bit of water, and then. How to make Steamed Asparagus in an Instant Pot: Place asparagus in a steaming rack, set inside your pressure cooker insert and add the water…. Twist the lid into the Locked position, turn the knob to the Sealing position.