Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce. Meanwhile, season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper. Heat a large oven proof skillet over high Add the prepared BBQ sauce making sure to cover all the chicken pieces. I threw this crispy BBQ chicken recipe together one night when I had two chicken breasts to use up.
I don't care for BBQ, but this was so tasty that I don't mind it at all! Soubise, a creamy onion sauce, is a great way to use up extra onions. Soubise, an old-school French sauce classically made by puréeing softened onions with bechamel, is a great pairing for all sorts of roasted meats, like the roast chicken here. You can cook Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce
- It’s 1-1/2 pints of onion barbecue sauce Batch 50 see my recipe.
- You need 2 pound of chicken thighs boneless and skinless.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt divided.
Ingredients of Chicken in Barbecue Sauce. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with lemon juice. Cook onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce instructions
- Heat a deep pan add half the salt to one side of the chicken. Place chicken thighs in pan salted side down. Now salt the unsalted part sticking up..
- Let cook 7 minutes. Turn and cook 7 minutes. After the second side has cooked 7 minutes add the sauce..
- Keep turning and allow barbecue sauce to reduce..
- Cover and allow to rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
If desired, you can add raw chicken to this sauce and let it simmer in the sauce until cooked through. Then shred the chicken and serve on buns for chicken barbecue sandwiches. Barbecue Sauced Chicken Brats are grilled and then slathered with barbecue sauce and topped with homemade pickled red onions and mustard. Barbecue the chicken brats on a preheated grill set at medium until fully cooked. I wanted to make sure they were cooked.