Candy Corn Sugar Cookies. Bake a batch of sugar cookies and top each with a piece of candy corn for a sweet fall dessert. These petite fall treats will charm all but the grumpiest ghouls. Simple sugar cookies are garnished with candy corn pieces for a sweet fall treat.
Start with a batch of sugar cookies and divide your dough into three equal portions. Since these aren't going to be slathered in frosting, I add extra extract to Magical candy corn! You'll have some "scrap" pieces of dough from the ends of your rectangle and the top sliver you trimmed off. You can cook Candy Corn Sugar Cookies using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Candy corns, for topping.
These Halloween cookie bars look like candy corns and are so easy to make! Layers of white frosting, yellow cookie and orange cookie. People either love or hate candy corn. So these bars basically solve that whole situation.
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until creamed together. Then add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides as needed..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low speed until combined. Dough will be thick. Scoop about 2 tbsp. of dough per cookie and roll into balls. Place the dough balls onto a plate, cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (and up to 4 days)..
- Once the dough has chilled and you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple large baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.arrange the dough balls onto the trays, about 3 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges. The centers should still look very soft. Immediately press a couple of candy corn gently into the tops of each cookie..
- Let them cool on the trays for 5 minutes, before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week..
They look like candy corn, but taste like sugar cookies. Make these adorable candy corn sugar cookies for Halloween snacking. Get the recipe at Food & Wine. A trio of pretty colors made from simple white icing turn simple sugar cookies into colorful and adorable candy corn cookies. Candy Corn Sugar Cookies – they don't taste like candy corns but look like the cute treat! the-girl-who-ate-everything.com.