Pasta shells with spiced chicken and corn milk sauce. Chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks and stir it into the pan along with the cream. Check the seasoning and add extra salt and pepper as needed. Drain the pasta (remember to reserve a cup of the pasta water) and toss it with the sauce.
Once the chicken has browned on both sides, add chicken broth, water, and pasta to the pot. Simmer over medium-high heat while pasta continues to cook. Bright green cilantro tops this cumin-spiced chicken with an extra dimension of flavor. You can cook Pasta shells with spiced chicken and corn milk sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta shells with spiced chicken and corn milk sauce
- It’s 1-12 oz of can sweet corn.
- You need 3 cups of dried medium shells.
- Prepare 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium shallot, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, sliced into thin slivers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped.
Round out the meal with Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob. Place the cooked shells into the base and divide chicken mince up among them. It is quite simple to prepare Chicken Pasta in White sauce, so it can be a great lunch box option too. Do check my Healthy chicken roll or Chicken Frankie/ Chicken Kathi roll for exciting lunch options.
Pasta shells with spiced chicken and corn milk sauce instructions
- Empty the can of corn into a blender and blitz 1 minute until pureed. Pour the corn mash into a fine mesh sieve and let the milk drain into a bowl. Use a spoon to push as much milk as possible from the mash, then discard the pulp..
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. While you wait for the water to boil and the pasta to cook, proceed with the chicken and sauce..
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and cayenne. Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat and sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate and wipe out the pan..
- Add the butter to the pan. Once melted, add the shallots and garlic and sweat for 1 minute. Pour in the corn milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and let cook for 5 minutes..
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks and stir it into the pan along with the cream. Check the seasoning and add extra salt and pepper as needed. Drain the pasta (remember to reserve a cup of the pasta water) and toss it with the sauce. Add pasta water a few tablespoons at a time if the sauce is too thick..
- Stir in the frozen corn and let cook a final 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the basil just before serving..
This White Chicken Pasta has enough nutrients along with fat and carbs and kids can use the extra energy for an active school day. Stuff into drained and dried shells. Pour spaghetti sauce into greased shallow casserole. Place shells side by side in single layer in sauce. Spoon heaping tablespoon mixture into each shell.