Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta". Check Out Our Recipes To Up The Flavor Of Your Favorite Dish. Carrot and zucchini pasta is mixed with a creamy, avocado cucumber sauce for a simple, delicious and vegan zucchini noodle recipe. And while it's simple, it's packed with so much flavor that I guarantee you'll be making it again and again.
You can use this "pasta" in any recipe that calls for spaghetti or noodles, even. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. We're in love with this easy zucchini pasta recipe. You can cook Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta"
- You need 4 of carrots (or zucchinis or half of each).
- It’s 2/3 cup of (or more) of any pasta sauce you prefer (i.e. marinara sauce, mince meat, peanut sauce, carbonara sauce etc).
- You need 6 tbsp of grated cheese.
There's fresh zucchini, tomatoes, basil, parmesan, and lots of garlic. Carrot and Zucchini Noodles in Light Alfredo Sauce – Quick, easy, and healthy dish with carrots and zucchini "noodles" tossed in a light alfredo sauce. My love affair with zucchini noodles – ahem zoodles – continues. Zucchini pasta with lemon garlic shrimp is a delicious, gluten-free (and of course low-carb) version of shrimp scampi and linguini.
Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" instructions
- This is the most "difficult" and boring part of the preparation. You'll need a potato peeler and you have to peel each carrot (and/or zucchini) until it's so thin that you can't possibly peel it anymore. The time this takes depends on the size of the carrots but it's generally ~6 mins per carrot..
- Once you're done with step one you'll have carrot (and/or zucchini) noodles! They may seem like a lot but they'll shrink in size later on..
- Throw all of the "noodles" into a frying pan and cook for ~3-5 mins, until they're as soft as you like your pasta to be. You don't need to add any oil but you gotta stir and move them around a lot..
- Turn off the heat and add your favorite sauce (that you've already prepared before starting with this recipe)..
- Transfer to bowls..
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese (I find that the taste of the carrots is too strong without cheese) and enjoy!.
Traditional pasta is replaced with zucchini noodles (also called zucchini pasta) for a lighter, healthier, more veggie-packed and nutritious meal. See great recipes for Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" too! Zucchini helps in lowering the cholesterol levels, weight management, prevent cancer etc. and carrot is the finest source of vitamins & minerals. The combination of Zucchini and carrot makes the dish healthy and ample amount of nutrition is available in this dish. You can serve Zucchini And. As a basic recipe it is a good foundation.