Roasted charsui pork belly with asian slaw. Rub the skin with a little oil and sprinkle with a little extra salt. Place the pork belly skin side down in a roasting dish. Top with baking paper and place an oven-proof weight on top (a cast.
Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. Char siu (or slightly different spelling, cha siu) is its Cantonese name, but in Mandarin, it is known as cha shao. To make char siu, pork is marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce and then roasted. You can have Roasted charsui pork belly with asian slaw using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted charsui pork belly with asian slaw
- It’s 3 lb of pork belly, shoulder, or butt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Chinese five spice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of minced ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of sriracha.
- You need of sea salt and pepper.
- You need of pork marination.
- It’s of Asian Slaw.
- It’s 100 g of ramen noodle.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 30 g of julienne carrot.
- Prepare of picked cilantro.
- You need 2 tbsp. of shredded scallions.
- You need 2 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of thin slices of green apples.
- It’s of .
We love pork belly very much! You may find there are lots of yummy pork belly recipes here, including Cantonese roasted crispy pork belly, Hong Shao Rou and Shanxi style stewed pork belly used in Chinese Roujiamo, twice cooked pork belly, Szechuan style cold pork belly in hot garlic sauce. For the Asian slaw: Whisk together the vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and soy sauce until the honey is dissolved. Add the peas, carrots, cabbage and sesame seeds.
Roasted charsui pork belly with asian slaw step by step
- Mix everything in a bowl and rub it evenly in the pork to marinate for 1 hour,, then slow roast it in the oven, then slice it about 1 cm..
- In a bowl mix all of the slaw ingredients like a salad,, set aside for later use.
- Plate the slaw in a bottom of the plate and top with the slice pork garnish some cilantro.
Mound some slaw on the bottoms of the buns. Top with the pork and the top bun. Add the pulled pork to the toasted baguettes and drizzle additional char siu sauce if desired. Generously top with slaw and garnish with fried shallots. Combining the finger licking sweet char siu with the crisp and clean slaw in a toasty baguette will have guests.