You can have Green Salsa using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Salsa
- You need 2 of poblano peppers, blackened and skinned.
- Prepare 4 of medium tomatillos, quartered.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro.
- It’s 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of Knorr's Chicken Flavor Bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
Green Salsa step by step
- Blacken the poblano peppers by either grilling them or directly placing on a gas burner until all sides of the pepper's skin is black. Then place them in a concealed plastic bag to allow the skin to steam off. Set aside..
- Saute tomatillos, onion, garlic and olive oil on medium low heat for 30 minutes. The tomatillos will turn to an olive green color. If the vegetables start to stick to the pan add a 1/4 cup of water..
- Meanwhile, peel the the skin from the blackened peppers and remove the seeds and stems..
- In a blender, puree cilantro, blackened poblano peppers and roasted vegetables with their juices. This will have to happen in shifts. If liquid is needed, add water.
- Heat up vegestable oil on medium high, add the puree, chicken bouillon, cumin and oregano. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!.