Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies.
You can cook Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- You need 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of 100% cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coarse salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter or room temperature cubed (1 stick).
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of divided peppermint chips and chocolate chips.
Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In the bowl of stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and peppermint extract. Beat until well combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon or use a cookie scoop. Roll into a ball. Slightly flatten the ball and press the top of the dough add more chocolate chips if you want. Place on prepared cookie sheet 1½ inches apart..
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are firm and the center is still soft. Let cool on the cookie sheet 5-10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely..