Meat and potato stew. Enjoy a Japanese hearty winter warmer with this nikujaga meat and potato stew. Nikujaga is made from thinly sliced beef stewed with potato and onions in a slightly sweet soy based sauce, normally served with a side of steamed white rice. Easy to make and delightfully filling.
It's especially amazing on chilly days or for a Simmering the beef stew meat over a period of a couple of hours makes it tender. Cooking the potatoes and carrots with the beef allows the. Meet the Cook: Even before it got cold outside last fall, my husband had asked me to make this stew twice. You can cook Meat and potato stew using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meat and potato stew
- Prepare 250 gr of potato.
- You need 100 gr of onion.
- Prepare 500 gr of cow meat.
- Prepare 500 gr of mixed froze vegetables (peas, carrot, brokly).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of sp turmeric.
- You need 2 of sp tomato souce.
- You need 1 can of red kiddney beans.
In fact, here at home, our name for it is "Tom's Favorite Stew". Seitan gives this stew a "meaty" texture, and combined with potatoes and carrots becomes a comforting, hearty dish. Cook snow peas in boiling water for a minute. I call it stew but Japanese Meat and Potato Stew is nowhere near the Western style stew.
Meat and potato stew instructions
- Chop the onion and fried it for 5 minute to get golden colors..
- When onion is look ready add the turmeric and fried for for a few seconds and add the cut meat..
- Add water on top of meat till water cover all the meat. Let it boil for 1 hour to meat be half cook.
- Then add the rest of matirial and again add a glass of water. Keep the fire down and keep the cover on pot..
- When meat is ready then food is ready. Enjoy.
Potatoes suitable for stewing like Nikujaga are waxy potatoes or all rounder potatoes. Starchy potatoes do not hold the shape together when. A delicious, hearty, and healthy sweet potato stew made in the crockpot (slow cooker). This stew is packed with veggies and delicious seasonings! Add everything to the instant pot and cook it on the "meat/stew" setting.