Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage. Finding healthy recipes the family will eat is a challenge. This elegant squash is one we love, and it works with pork, turkey and chicken sausage. Stuffed acorn squash is effortlessly pretty and easy.
Lots of taste, healthy and satisfying. I used turkey sausage and added a little extra sage. I will be making them again. You can cook Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage
- You need 2 of acorn squashes.
- You need 1 lb. of Ground Turkey.
- You need 1/2 cup of Feta cheese.
- You need 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Montreal seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of sage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed fennel seed.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
Prepare turkey sausage: In a medium bowl, combine sausage ingredients and mix well. Acorn squash is at its peak in the fall, and we like it with stuffed with this delicious mixture of spicy ground turkey, mushrooms and a zesty ragu for a nutritious. This sausage stuffed acorn squash is my new best friend. This stuffed acorn squash is reminiscent of my roasted butternut sausage and cranberry stuffing, except it's better, YES!
Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage instructions
- Mix the ground turkey with the vinegar, Worcestershire and dry spices together in a large bowl at least 2 hours before cooking..
- Preheat the oven to 385°.
- Cut the squashes in half and scoop out the seeds. Set on a lined baking sheet brush with oil and roast until soft, about an hour..
- In a saucepan warm your favorite pasta sauce homemade or store bought..
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp oil on medium high heat and add the ground turkey mix. Cook on medium high until done and continue to cook to allow the meat to brown a little bit. I have had the best luck with getting a good flavor and texture on ground turkey by cooking with a little higher heat..
- Mix the turkey, sauce and feta together..
- Scrape the inside of the squashes lightly with a fork and spoon the mixture inside..
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for about 10 minutes until golden and bubbly..
The batch with ground turkey was also delicious. Thank you for jazzing up an otherwise boring Tuesday! This simple savory sausage stuffed acorn squash is easy to make and filled with the wonderful flavors of Fall. The stuffing is made with farro, chicken This Turkey Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash is a great example! Here I used chicken sausage and farro, brown rice would also work great.