Eggplants with Surprise Meatballs.
You can have Eggplants with Surprise Meatballs using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplants with Surprise Meatballs
- You need 5 medium of Round eggplants ( not huge ones though)!cut into halves.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef ( lean).
- Prepare 1 small of Onions ( yellow, or Spanish ) chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Garlic- chopped.
- Prepare of Tomatoes and bell pepper (red or green).
- You need of Black, pepper, cumin, red pepper.
Eggplants with Surprise Meatballs instructions
- Trim off the green part, soak them in the salty water. About 20 minutes . Put something heavy over them to prevent eggplants flowing around , so you can get rid off bitterness. While you are waiting you start preparing your meatballs..
- To grill or broil Eggplant, cut very small ones in half, cut in halves , Brush each side with oil, add salt and pepper, cook 8 to 10 minutes per side, turning often. When done, the Eggplant will be brown and tender. If you are broiling or grilling very close to the heat, 4 minutes per side may do. They will shrink and will get almost burn.
- To prepare meatball: get mixing bowl, chopped onions, fresh Italian parsley, cumin, salt pepper, red pepper, chopped garlic and ground beef, one egg, if very lose , add some breadcrumbs ..
- Depends of how big is your eggplant, make the meatballs so they can fit inside of eggplant ..
- So far you already took your eggplants out of oven, let it cool, so you can use your tomb make a small hole to place your meatballs..
- After you stuffed the eggplants you have to secure the open side of them, cut small piece of tomatoes and red pepper, close the openings..
- Mix 2 teaspoon of tomato paste with hot water and little bit of salt..
- Poor tomato sauce over eggplant, about 3 cups of sos you should be having. Do not pour lots of sauce into them..
- Close the lit and cook with medium – low heat about 15-20 mints. Until meatballs are ready..
- To serve : after you put the stuffed eggplants in to a plate , pour sauce over them. Serve hot..