Crock Pot Roast. Pot roast is a big, tough beef cut (usually a cheap cut perfect for slow cooking), seared, covered and cooked slow with herbs and I used crock pot method. I used aged balsamic and doubled the garlic. Found this Crock-Pot pot roast recipe on of a website called www.recipegoldmine.com.
Slow cooker pot roast is made with only five ingredients plus water. It's an easy pot roast recipe with onion soup mix and veggies. Crock Pot Onion Soup Beef Pot Roast. You can have Crock Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast
- Prepare 2-3 pound of Chuck roast.
- You need 4-6 of potato, sliced in chunks.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour, plus some for coating roast.
- You need 3 of table spoon vegtable oil.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, washed and cut into inch thick pieces.
- Prepare to taste of salt, pepper.
Slow cooker/crock pot recipes have low hands on time and are very set-it-and-forget-it type meals. Here is a recipe for all you hunters or wives of hunters! This is a classic recipe for venison roast with tender yellow potatoes, chunks of carrots and celery and onion and. Place thinly sliced celery on the bottom of Crock Pot, add carrots and quartered potatoes, then roast.
Crock Pot Roast step by step
- Wash potato and carrots and place in bottom of crock pot with onions. Season vegtables with salt and pepper..
- In a large Dutch oven or pan, heat vegtable oil on medium high heat..
- Trim off most fat from your roast. Season roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Coat your roast in flour and Brown all sides of the roast in the vegtable oil. Don't skip this step!! Browning it brings out it's full flavor!.
- After you Brown your roast, place roast in crock pot over vegtables. Make a gravy for your roast by putting 1/4 cup flour in the hot oil & stir with a wisk until oil is soaked up, reduce heat to low & pour in a glass of water and stir with wisk until flour and water is blended. Keep adding flour to thicken up the gravy, and water to thin it. Remember to stir!! Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want your gravy to be Brown you should invest in kitchen bouquet. It is a flavorless liquid that turns gravy Brown..
- You want your gravy to be thin, but not soupy. The heat from the crock pot will thicken it up..
- Pour gravy over roast in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 5-6. Serve over rice..
Chuck roast – I like to use a wider shorter roast here, then the bed of vegetables can just lay atop. Olive oil – for searing the roast and sautéing the aromatics. Put the roast in the crock, add your potatoes or carrots (small red potatoes cut in half absorb the I decided to make this pot roast recipe based on the rave reviews. I have tried a couple others from. Remove roast to a serving platter; tent with foil.