Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Sausage and Peppers over Penne recipe for a low carb lifestyle. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat. Italian sausages cooked with bell peppers, sweet onions, crushed tomatoes, and garlic.
Next, you're going to stir in your broth and penne pasta, then cover the pot with a lid leaving a small crack on the sides. Indeed, Cajun Chicken Pasta with Sausage just seemed like a natural choice! Quick and easy dinner is always something I have on my mind. You can cook Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne
- It’s 1 lb of package of Hot Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of Green bell peppers (Chopped).
- Prepare 2 of White Onion (Chopped).
- You need 12 oz of tomato basil sauce (half a jar).
- It’s 14 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped hot peppers.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped jalapenos.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 box of penne to serve over.
- It’s of Notes.
- It’s of I use B&G Hot Chopped Peppers and Cento Diced Jalapeno Peppers.
Although I made mine using Penne pasta (like Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta penne dish), you can also use linguine here. Additionally, rigatoni is a popular option. Serve sausage and pepper cooked in tomato over your pasta – a wonderful meal. Cook penne in large saucepan to desired doneness as directed on package.
Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne instructions
- Decide how you'll be cooking the sausage. If oven baking you want to prep them now. If you decide to grill them you can do that while the chili simmers..
- In a large pot, start cooking the ground beef over medium heat. When the beef is almost done, drain the fat and add the chopped peppers and onions..
- Add the tomato basil sauce, crushed and diced tomatoes, seasoning and hot peppers and jalapenos. Keep the heat at medium until the mixture begins to boil..
- Cover and put on low heat after boil. Cooking time should be around 45 minutes. Check the sliced peppers for tenderness. If you like your sausage whole or sliced, you can add them now to the pot..
- This recipe can be served over an entire box of penne pasta. But depending on your preference start by cooking half a box..
- Once "chili" is done, serve over cooked penne and enjoy!.
Sausage with peppers and pasta is a popular Italian-American restaurant favorite. Heat a skillet over moderate heat, add sausage and cook until browned. Remove sausage and drain on paper toweling. In the meantime, cook penne until al dente in ample boiling salted water. Drain pasta and toss in a heated bowl with a tablespoon or so of good.