Cast Iron skillet Apple pie.
You can cook Cast Iron skillet Apple pie using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast Iron skillet Apple pie
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 of large Granny Smith apples, cored peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 3 of 9" refrigerated pre rolled pie crusts.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar divided.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into small chunks.
Cast Iron skillet Apple pie instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in cast iron skillet and put in hot oven to melt..
- Remove skillet sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter. Return skillet to oven while you prepare apples..
- Remove skillet and place one pie crust over the brown sugar layer. Top the pie crust with half the sliced apples. Sprinkle apples with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Top with second pie crust, add remaining apples, sprinkle with 1/2cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon..
- Top with the third crust; sprinkle top crust with 1/4 cup sugar and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Cut 4 slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape..
- Bake in preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. 45 – 55 minutes usually..
- Serve warm. Good topped with vanilla ice cream. I have never had any left over so can't attest to how it is the next day!.