Brad's whiskey braised tri tip and chili lime prawns. A normally wintry dish revamped for spring with Asian flavors and a super bright, decidedly awesome warm chili lime potato salad This Asian braised short ribs recipe is easy and delicious, requires little prep time and is perfect with roasted potatoes tossed in a chili lime dressing. Transfer the meat to a cutting board. Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaves from the braising liquid and skim off any excess fat.
The tri-tip steak is cut from the tri-tip roast, a triangular section of the sirloin primal. It is an affordable and flavorful steak. Tri-tip is a very flavorful steak, boasting a nice beefy taste and tender chew. You can cook Brad's whiskey braised tri tip and chili lime prawns using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's whiskey braised tri tip and chili lime prawns
- It’s of For the beef:.
- You need 2 pkg of au jus gravy that yields 2 cups a piece.
- It’s 6 c of water.
- You need 1/2 c of whiskey.
- Prepare 2 of LG portabello mushrooms, cubed to 1 1/2 inches.
- It’s 4 of Yukon gold potatoes, cubed to 1 1/2 inches.
- You need 1 of LG sweet onion, course chopped.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced roasted garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 c of your preferred vinegar, I like red wine or balsamic.
- Prepare 2 1/2-3 lbs of beef tri tip.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For the shrimp:.
- It’s 1 lb of 16 – 24 count prawns.
- You need 3-4 Oz of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced roasted garlic.
- You need of juice of 2 limes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chile sauce.
We love Chili around here, and the season is right. Instead of ground beef, we take a page out of the competition chili handbook and swapped to tri-tip as it is lean, and will continue to stay tender when braised without falling apart. How to Make Chili Lime Shrimp Cups. I like to think of these as mini shrimp tacos.
Brad's whiskey braised tri tip and chili lime prawns instructions
- For the beef.
- Place au jus, water, potatoes, onion in a LG dutch oven. Able to be placed in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Roast for 45 minutes. Add whiskey, vinegar, and tri tip. Roast until beef is just done. 20 – 30 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper.
- For the shrimp.
- In a LG frying pan melt butter..
- Add shrimp and garlic. Saute until shrimp are just done.
- Add lime juice and Chile sauce. Stir and remove from heat. Serve and enjoy.
The shrimp are a little spicy from chili powder, the lime brightens everything up and the arugula keeps the whole thing fresh. You can make the wonton cups in advance, but assemble the cups with the arugula. Serve beefy braised tri-tip with roasted root vegetables for an easy stick-to-your-ribs fall meal. Tri-tip is a cheaper, tougher cut, but it magically transforms as it braises low and slow in a broth that gets flavored with my secret ingredient: French onion soup mix. Tri-Tip is a top-notch cut of meat.