Soft Ginger Cookies. Reviews for: Photos of Big Soft Ginger Cookies. These nicely spiced, big soft ginger cookies are perfect for folks who like the flavor of ginger but don't care for crunchy gingersnaps. —Barbara Gray, Boise, Idaho. Soft ginger cookies full of warm spices and flavor.without using molasses.
The super soft cookie dough is rolled into balls and then rolled into granulated sugar to give that signature crunchy-sweet outer coating. This Ginger Cookie is thin but still packed with flavor and chewy softness! When these Ginger Cookies come out of the oven and cool, they will be thin. You can have Soft Ginger Cookies using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft Ginger Cookies
- It’s 3/4 cup of Margarine.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Molasses.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar to roll.
LOVE this Ginger Molasses Cookies recipe! These ginger cookies are perfectly soft and chewy, spiced with lots of ginger, cinnamon and cloves, easy to make, and irresistibly delicious. These ginger cookies have just the right blend of spices and a wonderful buttery texture. The dough will be very soft; refrigerate it for about one hour, or until firm enough to roll.
Soft Ginger Cookies instructions
- Cream Margarine and Sugar together until smooth..
- Add the egg and molasses and blend well..
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger..
- Stir in the flour..
- Scoop cookies out using a 1/2 TB measuring spoon and roll into balls. Then roll the balls in the rolling sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. If sticky, chill the dough before rolling..
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will flatten as they bake..
- Remove onto cooling rack and serve..
These Soft-Baked Ginger Cookies are an even easier and healthier version of those. No need to roll and flatten the dough, and no refined sugar coating. With plenty of spice and warmth, these soft and chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies are just what your holiday season has been waiting for! Soft in the centers, crisp on the edges, perfectly spiced, molasses and brown sugar-sweetened holiday goodness. These big, soft ginger cookies are one of my favorite kinds of cookies.