Chicken pot pie (for two pies). This classic chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food! Use a storebought pie crust with this easy chicken pot pie recipe for a quick weeknight meal. This chicken pot pie recipe works great with chicken or turkey and why not put that turkey to good use by making a delicious pot pie for dinner?
Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right. These Individual Chicken Pot Pies are easy to make, stuffed with chicken, carrots, and celery, and topped with a delicious flaky buttermilk crust. Chicken pot pie is one of my favorite meals. You can have Chicken pot pie (for two pies) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie (for two pies)
- You need 3-4 cups of cooked chicken chopped.
- You need 3 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of small potatoes chopped small.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbls of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of frozen bag mixed veggies- steamed and drain water off!.
- Prepare 1 can of healthy request cream of chicken.
- You need of Salt, pepper, parsley.
- Prepare 2 boxes of pie crusts (2 per box).
It's everything warm and comforting about food all wrapped up in a flaky pie crust. This Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Is: Satisfying + comforting. Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction. Traditional pot pie is two layers of top and bottom pie crust stuffed full of creamy chicken and vegetables.
Chicken pot pie (for two pies) instructions
- In butter sauté celery, onions, and potatoes on low (add some olive oil if it sticks too much).
- Add flour once translucent, and mix. Add seasoning and broth. Bring to simmer to thicken..
- Add drained veggies, chicken, and cream of chicken. Mix well and place in pie crusts and then top with pie crust. Press and seal edges and slit on top to steam..
- Optional- add egg wash on top of crust before baking. Bake at 375 for 50 min or until top is golden brown.
Chicken is my favorite, but you can easily substitute beef and beef broth for a beef pot pie or even portobello mushrooms and vegetable broth for a vegetarian pot pie. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Pot Pie II. I made this in a pinch not having any creamed soup for the chicken pot pie I normally make. This has replaced the old recipe I used. It isn't as easy as the one with the cream of chicken soup but the flavor greatly surpasses the "easy".