Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas.
You can cook Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Perdu Italian Chicken Slices (fully cooked).
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 envelope of sazon (goya).
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 can of diced tomato with green chilis.
- Prepare 1 packages of monterey jack.
- You need 1 packages of mild chedder.
- You need 4 box of pillsbury pie crust.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/8 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of olive oil.
Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas instructions
- Pre-heat oven at 425. Roll out dough very thinly (not thin enough it will rip though) on flour. Use bowl to cut out disk. (I got 5 out of each pie crust).
- In sautee pan, cook finely chopped onions in light olive oil. After onions are soft and golden add 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of chili powder. Add salt and pepper and one packet of sazon, and 1 can of diced tomatoes..
- Add ground beef and cook until done, add half of can tomato paste let sit and cool..
- In mixing bowl add remaining seasoning, shredded chicken, half a can of drained diced tomatoes, salt and pepper and remaining tomato paste.
- Wisk egg in bowl and set next to work station with a brush.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground beef mixture to disk and add two tablespoons of Monterey jack. Add 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture and two tablespoons of mild cheddar..
- Use brush and lightly coat outside edge of full disk, fold in half. Take a fork and press around fold to hold crust together, then brush with egg wash on top only.
- Line on cookie sheet (close together is okay, not much space is needed), pop in over until golden brown. (Roughly 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.).