Chorizo Home Fries. Surprizing Results; "CHORIZO" Flavored SPAM Review & Taste Test. Chorizo is good when used as a breakfast meal. Scramble eggs add some refried beans and then some chorizo.
It's made with a variety of ingredients. Chorizo sausage – surprisingly NOT in the Zaar Kitchen Dictionary – is a sausage of Spanish origin made from ground pork, garlic. Chorizo, a well-seasoned pork sausage, is used in small amounts to add big flavor to Mexican dishes. You can cook Chorizo Home Fries using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Home Fries
- It’s 3 lb of red potatoes; quatered.
- You need 3 lb of chorizo.
- It’s 2 of jalapeños; halved and sliced thin.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion; minced.
- It’s 1 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 t of cumin.
- You need 8 oz of chihuahua cheese; shredded.
- It’s 8 oz of cheddar cheese; shredded.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Make your own version at home with this recipe. Try This at Home: How to Make Chorizo. Chorizo fried rice is great for a quick breakfast or breakfast-for-dinner. I'd heard of bacon fried rice before and I had some really excellent chorizo in the fridge and I figured bacon and chorizo have.
Chorizo Home Fries step by step
- Heat a large saute pan and add chorizo with salt, pepper, pepper flakes, and cumin. After 1 minute or so when spices are fragrant, add a tiny pinch of vegetable oil and the onions..
- When chorizo is nearly finished cooking, add garlic. Saute 1 minute and remove from heat..
- While chorizo is cooking, drop potatoes in a 350° deep fryer and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked..
- Transfer potatoes and chorizo to a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheeses and jalapeños atop..
- Broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- Variations; Ground beef/pork/chicken/turkey, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, poblano, habanero, celery, bacon, crema, tomato, tamarind, shallots, salsa, corn, sofrito, bell peppers, poppers, apple, avocado, pinto beans, black beans, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, sage, parsley, cilantro, coriander, raisins, chutney, honey, jicama, guacamole, lime, mint, pumpkin seeds, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, salsa verde.
Breakfast Chorizo Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts. cooking chorizo. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of. Add chickpeas and chorizo back to the pan and toss quickly to combine; top with bread crumbs, drizzle with a bit more oil and run pan under the broiler to lightly brown the top. I've seen chorizo served in Mexican restaurants most often as a side sausage, like bacon. We cook ours up with the eggs and add some raisins as well, the sweetness of which provides some balance to.