Chicken Pie. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. Warm up winter evenings with a hearty, gluten-free chicken and leek pie. This wheat-free dinner is perfect for feeding those with special.
Get the perfect chicken pie whether you opt for crisp puff or buttery shortcrust pastry. As for the fillings, add classic and comforting ingredients like mushroom, tarragon or leek to your chicken pie. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. You can have Chicken Pie using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pie
- You need 1 of pastry for double crust pie (see recipe).
- Prepare of Alternatively, buy 2 premade puff-crust doughs.
- You need 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion whole.
- It’s 1 of large stem celery chopped.
- You need 1 of small stem celery (whole, with leaves).
- Prepare 1 of leek, white part only, sliced.
- Prepare 240 gr of mushrooms (chopped in quarters).
- It’s 10 of calamata olives (pitted and halfed).
- You need 3 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1 can of green peas.
- You need 1/3 of carrot, whole.
- Prepare 2/3 of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s 20 g. of butter.
- Prepare 80-100 gr of bacon, chopped finely.
- Prepare 2 of lt. boiling water.
It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for. A collection of gorgeous, golden chicken pie recipes from some of Britain's greatest chefs. From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers.
Chicken Pie step by step
- Cut chicken into pieces. Heat oil in a large pot, stirfry 1/2 whole onion, 1/3 whole carrot, celery stem and garlic cloves together with chicken backbone, breast and thighs and interiors if available (reserve drumsticks and wings for a different dish); flip once or twice until browned. Add salt, pepper, oregano, leek leaves and boiling water (2 lt.). Boil for 1/2 hour medium high heat, covered, then let simmer for additional 15m-30m. Reserve chicken and strain stock, discard veggies..
- While chicken is cooking, make dough according to recipe. Divide dough in 2 and reserve each ball in plastic film, room temperature..
- When you are done with the dough, add oil to a pan and stirfry chopped onion, carrot, leek and celery. Reseve. Stirfry bacon (optional) and mushrooms. Reserve together with the rest of the veggies..
- When the chicken has cooled down, remove meat from bones and cut in bite size pieces (size to taste). Be sure to prevent bone or cartilage to mix with the meat. Discard bones..
- Heat butter in a pan, add flour and stir until browned. Slowly add broth to create a gravy-like consistency. Add reserved stirfried veggies, add chicken meat, add green peas, add olives. Here's where you can be creative and add/remove/replace any of the ingredients (but if you remove the chicken, it's not a chicken pie anymore ?)..
- Add stock and make it slightly more liquid that the consistency you want inside the chicken pie. Season to taste and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until you reach the consistency you desire. Turn oven on and preheat @ 200C..
- Roll half of the dough and lay it in the pan, covering the edges and leaving excess to fold the dough (use ~1 to 2 inches high pie pan). Roll top dough to make sure it covers the pan. (There should be some excess dough that you can use for decoration or some extra biscuits). Fill the bottom dough with the mix in the pan, making sure it does not overflow..
- Cover with top dough, cut excess dough off and stick edges together and roll them in. Use part (or all) of the excess dough to add ornaments to the dough..
- Brush eggwhite on top of dough and make small wholes evenly to let steam escape..
- Bake in oven for 20-30 mins, until top crust is cooked and browned. Let rest for 5-10 mins before serving..
Chicken Pot Pie -this classic homemade chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food! This chicken pot pie recipe works great with chicken or turkey and why not put that turkey to good use by making. The taste of chicken pot pie, in a soup! Chicken pot pie is ultimate comfort food and this creamy, chunky soup is loaded with chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, peas, carrots, corn, celery, onions and. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor.