You can cook Chicken Afritada using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Afritada
- Prepare 1 of /2 kilo chicken (I used chicken breast fillets quartered).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- You need 2 of green bell peppers diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of potatoes or sweet potatoes cubed.
- It’s 1 of carrot cubed.
- It’s 1 of dried bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or to taste.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Chicken Afritada step by step
- Heat oil in pan and add garlic and onions. Cook garlic until light golden brown and onions translucent. Add bay leaf. Cook potatoes for about 5 minutes or until soft but not mushy. Set aside..
- Using the same pan/pot cook chicken in left over oil for 10-15 minutes or both sides are browned (I like cooking my chicken in oil to give it a crispy outside, you may skip this and just boil chicken in water until cooked)..
- Add carrots, peas, green bell peppers the cooked garlic, onions & bay leaf previously set aside. Pour water to deglaze pan add chicken buillon cube and simmer for another five minutes..
- Pour tomato sauce and let it simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and serve with steamed white rice..