Pickled sausage. Cooked smoked sausage is pickled in a red brine for an irresistible indulgence. Pickled Sausage. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pickled sausage is our specialty and we have several choices for you!
Pickled Sausage, Cubano Sandwich Sausage With Mornay, Pickles, Blistered Tomatoes And Buttered Toast, Pickled Sausage. Our recipe for how to make spicy pickled sausages. Pickled sausage is a great snack with a little hot sauce kick. You can have Pickled sausage using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pickled sausage
- It’s 2 packages of smoked sausage- 28 links total.
- Prepare of small-medium yellow or white onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic or 1 clove per jar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of pickling spice per jar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white sugar per jar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt per jar.
- Prepare of white vinegar.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s 4 quart of jars.
Place sausage and bay leaves into a sterilized gallon size glass jar. Pickled sausages are cooked meat sausages that have been soaked in a salty brine for several days. Using precooked meat for homemade pickled sausage is considered the safest practice. Keiran Donoghue <Sausage Vendor> in Dun Morogh.
Pickled sausage instructions
- Boil sausage or heat in frying pan five minutes or until heated through to remove excess fat.
- Add garlic and onion slices evenly to bottom of jars. Place jar seal flats in a pan of simmering water to warm..
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of pickling spice to each jar also 1 teaspoon each salt and sugar to each jar.
- When sausage is done and while still hot, begin stacking evenly between jars, and layering with onion slices. DO NOT overpack sausages in jars..
- Fill each jar at least 3/4 full with vinegar, to taste, then fill with water leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Make sure all sausages are covered with brine. The amount of vinegar used determines the pickled flavor of the sausages..
- Wipe the jar rim clean with a paper towel dampened with straight vinegar to remove any oil residue. Top with warmed seal flat and band. Jar can be placed into the refrigerator to pickle. I prefer to top with seal flat, then vacuum seal with my FoodSaver, then apply band finger tight. Vacuum sealing speeds up how fast the brine is absorbed through the sausages..
- Leave jar in the refrigerator at least 2 or 3 weeks before opening to allow sausages to absorb flavor. Store opened jars in refrigerator..
See more ideas about Pickled sausage, Pickling recipes, Sausage. Pickled Smoked Sausage Recipe, Hot Sausage Recipes, Spicy Pickled Eggs, Pickled Meat, Pickeled Sausage Recipe. Penrose Fire Cracker Original Red Hot Pickled Sausage – Mouthwatering Flavor, Ready to Eat – Box. Keiran Donoghue <Sausage Vendor> in Dun Morogh. This article contains a recipe for pickled sausage as well as variations of spices and serving suggestions.