Spinach and meat stew – sabanegh bi lahmeh. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Just logged onto this website for the first time today and already I am happy I found allrecipes.com!! I wanted to make a lemony-spinach type pie and came across this recipe.
Serve with sour cream and Parmesan cheese if. Sabanekh Stew YAKHNET SABANEKH © First a quick history about Spinach. A soothing stew with garlic, allspice, cumin, and coriander, this bright and lemony-tasting dish is one Zaitoun author Yasmin Kahn always turns to for comfort. You can have Spinach and meat stew – sabanegh bi lahmeh using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach and meat stew – sabanegh bi lahmeh
- You need 2 kg of spinach, thoroughly cleaned and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 500 g of finely ground meat.
- Prepare 2 of onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of pine nuts.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
Allspice is used commonly in Palestinian stews, like this Comforting Spinach and Chickpeas dish. How to Make Sabanegh – Spinach. Sauté onion in the olive oil until browning in a medium sauce pan Add scrambled hamburger meat to onion mixture and cook until meat is brown Add spinach and stir occasionally on medium high Add small glass of water to cover the spinach mixture – continue to. They can have a variety of fillings, from meat to cheese or spinach.
Spinach and meat stew – sabanegh bi lahmeh step by step
- Place a deep pot on high heat, heat the vegetable oil and fry the onions until golden..
- Add the pine nuts to the onions then add the meat and brown it. Add salt and pepper. Stir well..
- Add the spinach and water to the pot. Leave on medium heat for 30 min. Stir occasionally. If needed add more water..
- Turn off the heat and pour the lemon juice over the spinach..
- Once served adjust lemon juice and salt to taste..
- Serve with vermicelli rice..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile..
I made a version called Fatayer bi Sabanekh, Lebanese Fatayer filled with spinach. Spelling variations may include Fatayer bil Sabanegh, Fatayer be Sabanegh, or Fatayer Bes Sabanekh. Spinach and rice casserole is a homey dish for everyday cooking. What makes it exquisite is the cilantro pesto that is added to it, that distinctive flavor from the Lebanese kitchen, which Fry the onion till wilted and golden. Armenian – Bamia – Meat and Okra Stew.