Cream of Asparagus Soup.
You can have Cream of Asparagus Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Asparagus Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of each, olive oil and butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of chopped asparagus, divided.
- Prepare 8 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 pints of whipping cream.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Cream of Asparagus Soup step by step
- In a large Dutch oven sautee opinion and garlic until soft. Remove half opinion mixture..
- Add half the chopped asparagus and the 8 cups of chicken stock to the Dutch oven..
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the asparagus is cooked..
- Let cool before adding to a blender. Puree mixture until smooth. It is very important to let cool before doing this step..
- Return the pureed soup to the Dutch oven. Add the reserved onions uncooked asparagus. Add salt and pepper. Bring back to a simmer and add the whipping cream and heat thoroughly. Serve!.