Nikujaga (Simmered meat and potatoes). Nikujaga quite literally translates to "meat and potatoes" – niku means "meat" and jaga means "potatoes" in Japanese. It's a comfort food and the Japanese version of beef stew. The beef in Nikujaga is added more for flavor than substance.
Enjoy a Japanese hearty winter warmer with this nikujaga meat and potato stew. Nikujaga is made from thinly sliced beef stewed with potato and onions in a slightly sweet soy Continue to simmer until the liquid is reduced, then your nikujaga is ready to enjoy. Serve with freshly boiled white rice. You can have Nikujaga (Simmered meat and potatoes) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nikujaga (Simmered meat and potatoes)
- You need 6 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 200 g of sliced beef or pork (ground meat is also ok.).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sake.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 6 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 cup of dashi.
Literally Nikujaga means meat and potatoes. Niku is meat and jaga is the short form of Jagaimo, which means potatoes. Basically the meat and potatoes are stewed in soy sauce which has been sweetened with mirin and sugar. With beef and potatoes simmered in a sweet soy stock until meltingly tender, Nikujaga (肉じゃが), or "meat potatoes" is Japanese comfort food at its best.
Nikujaga (Simmered meat and potatoes) instructions
- Cut the potatoes and soak into water for a while. Slice onion. Cut carrot and beef into bite-size. 2. Add olive oil to the flying pan and sauté beef. 3. Add onion, carrot, and potato without water and sauté them. 4. Add dashi, sake and sugar. Simmer it for 5 minutes. 5. Skim the scum. Add mirin and soy sauce. 6. Place the paper towel directly on the food and simmer it for 25 minutes..
- Add olive oil to the flying pan and sauté beef..
- Add onion, carrot, and potato and sauté them..
- Add dashi, sake and sugar. Simmer it for 5 minutes..
- Skim the scum. Add mirin and soy sauce..
- Place the paper towel directly on the food and simmer it for 25 minutes..
It's a real work horse of the Japanese home kitchen and quite literally translates to "meat and potatoes". Being high in energy, low on prep time. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Nikujaga Simmered Meat Potatoes Healthy Japanese. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Literally "meat and potatoes", the recipe for nikujaga could be considered Japan's answer to spaghetti bolognese.