Roasted Lemon,Honey and Rosemary chicken.
You can cook Roasted Lemon,Honey and Rosemary chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Lemon,Honey and Rosemary chicken
- Prepare 6 oz of rosemary sprigs (about 2 large or 4 small bunches), divided.
- Prepare 1 of 2 to 4lbs whole chickens.
- You need 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 of lemons, 1 halved, 1 sliced into eight 1/4-inch rounds.
- It’s 1 lb of shallots, peeled.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Roasted Lemon,Honey and Rosemary chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large roasting pan with 3/4 of rosemary sprigs. Place chickens on top. Whisk 1/2 cup oil, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl to blend. Using your hands and beginning at the neck end of chicken, gently lift skin away from breast. Under skin of each chicken, rub 1/4 cup lemon mixture into meat. Drizzle remaining lemon mixture all over outside of chickens..
- Place 1 lemon half and 1 shallot inside each chicken cavity; stuff with remaining rosemary sprigs, dividing equally. Season chickens all over with salt and pepper..
- Place remaining shallots around chickens; arrange 4 lemon rounds on top of each chicken. Drizzle shallots and lemon rounds with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil..
- Roast chickens, basting frequently with pan juices, for 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425° and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165° and skin is deep golden and crispy, about 10 minutes longer..
- Spoon pan juices over chickens, shallots, and lemon slices and serve in roasting pan..