Chorizo Deer Burritos.
You can have Chorizo Deer Burritos using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Deer Burritos
- It’s 1 lb of ground deer (may use turkey or beef).
- You need 1 of ground chorizo.
- It’s 2 can of Black beans.
- You need 4 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 3 cup of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken flavoring.
- You need 1 can of mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilis.
- It’s 1 packages of sour cream.
- You need 1 lb of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 head of shredded lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of your favorite taco sauce.
- You need 1 dozen of large flour tortilla skins.
- You need 2 large of Avavados.
- Prepare 1 cup of canola or coconut oil.
Chorizo Deer Burritos instructions
- Crumble and fry meat and chorizo (I think it was a 14 oz.tube of chorizo) together until cooked. Add water as needed to help it cook and not burn. Set aside when finished..
- Rinse and drain 2 15oz. can of black beans. Place in a small skillet with the minced garlic and some water to simmer the beans in. Add 1/4 cup at a time then add more as needed till the beans are as tender as you like.I cooked them about 5 minutes..
- Set aside beans..
- Cook rice according to package instructions. You can either put the chicken flavoring in the water or you could use chicken stock instead of water. Set aside to cool. * They do have frozen already cooked brown rice in the frozen vegetables section..
- It is time to put our burritos together. You may only need 10 of your skins it depends on how full you stuff them. *Remember you have to be able to roll up your burrito..
- Lay your skins on the countertop. Put 2-3 Tablespoons of meat in the middle if your skin about 5 inches long. Next 2-3 tablespoons of rice and then the beans..
- Next add what you like. Tomatoes. Cheese. Sour cream. Lettuce. Avocado. Taco sauce..
- Wrap the two short ends in then fold over one long side and then the other. You should end up with a rectangular shape. Even if it comes out square it will still taste delicious. You can secure it with a toothpick so it will stay closed..
- Next we heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a skillet. When hot we fry our burrito on all four sides until golden. *If you used a toothpick to secure it be sure to REMOVE it before you eat it. ** Add oil as needed. You may also deep fry. When golden you may put on your plate. You can add extra toppings again now but we did not need to..
- Fry as many as you need. You can refrigerate the rest for a few days. You don't have to fry them you could just warm them in the oven or microwave. I only ate them fried..
- Total time is probably not 60 minutes but I didn't really time it..