Goan fish curry. India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries. Goa, the smallest state in India, located on the western coast. Does Goan fish curry float your boat, or do your seafood curry allegiances lie elsewhere?
I also make a Goan crab. Goa is renowned for its beaches and exotic seafood dishes and their fish curry is something you cannot miss on. An authentic Goan recipe, this dish is prepared by marinating Kingfish in turmeric. You can have Goan fish curry using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Goan fish curry
- It’s 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of mild red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 580 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- You need 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- Prepare 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- You need 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
A quick and easy Goan Fish & Spinach Curry, Coriander Rice recipe, from our authentic Indian cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Goan fish curry recipe made with golden anchovies , recipe comes from mothers treasure-bank! This is a traditional goan curry made with fish called mandeli.
Goan fish curry instructions
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes..
Mandeli are nothing but golden colored. Prawns Bhindi or Okra Goan Curry, Little Chicken curry, plain salad, Bhaji, Sola koddi or digestive drinks. Recipe for Goan Fish Curry made with home made goan fish curry paste and spices. I came across this Goan fish curry from the Instagram handle of Chef Floyd Cardoz. My Goan fish curry dish is a packed full of flavour yet quick and simple to make.