Swai and asparagus. Asparagus, or garden asparagus, folk name sparrow grass, scientific name Asparagus officinalis, is a perennial flowering plant species in the genus Asparagus. Swai poached in thyme infused butter, served with grilled asparagus. Elegant steamed asparagus served with a Hollandaise butter sauce.
Asparagus is a young tender shoot (spear) vegetable, emerging out from its underground root system. The flavorful spears are a favorite spring season delicacies. Rinse the asparagus spears in fresh water to clean off any loose sand or grit, cut or snap the woody ends of. You can have Swai and asparagus using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Swai and asparagus
- You need 1 lb of asparagus.
- It’s 1 lb of swai.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt more if needed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
Swai Fish makes an excellent quick dinner entree for it is prepared easily using very few ingredients. Lemon Butter Swai Fish – tender and moist pan fried fish with lemon butter sauce. Rince asparagus stalks and chop off the ends. Add asparagus to the hot skillet.
Swai and asparagus step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok.
- Cut the woody ends off asparagus discard. Then cut the asparagus in half add to hot oil..
- Stirfry 4 minutes add salt, pepper, and garli to swai. Add swai in. Then stir a bit cover there will be a lot of liquid made. Let the swai pouch in the liquid 7 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Serve with simple citrus sauce. I hope you enjoy! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339682-simple-citrus-sauce.
Keep covered while cooking, except when stirring. This will allow the stalks to soften on the inside. This is my first time cooking Swai Fish. I saw it at Target the other day and thought of giving it a try. White asparagus is a curious vegetable.