Spinach Artichoke stuffed Peppers.
You can have Spinach Artichoke stuffed Peppers using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Artichoke stuffed Peppers
- It’s 4 of Peppers various colors.
- You need 1/2 pound of ground sausage.
- Prepare 4 oz of spinach, (thawed if not fresh).
- It’s 8 oz of Cream Cheese, at room temp.
- It’s 6 oz of bottled or canned artichoke hearts in brine, finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of shedded mozzarelle cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of Roma tomatos diced.
- You need 1 of small onion diced.
- You need 2 of Tablespoones olive oil.
Spinach Artichoke stuffed Peppers instructions
- If using frozen spinach, squeeze any and all excess liquid out. Dicard the liquid. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, artichokes (drained), 1/2 cup mozzarella, and parmesan. Mixure maybe thick (use hands if necessary). Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F..
- Cut the tops of the peppers. Remove the stems and finely chop the tops. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright..
- Cook sausage over medium heat. Breaking it up into small lumps, until the meat is cooked through and beginning to brown. 8 to 10 minutes Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to remove the fat..
- Wipe out the skillet, return to stove and add the olive oil. Add the onoins and peppers cook on medium heat till the peppers and onions start to soften. 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from heat..
- Combine spinach mix, sausage, roma tomatos, peppers, garlic, onion..
- Scoop mixture into peppers filling to top. Top with mozzarella cheese. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lighty bowned, another 15 to 20 minutes..
- You may have mixture left over. It's good for 4 days refrigerated. Or 3 months in the frezzer..