Cinnamon Shortbread cookies. Home » Desserts » Cookies & Bars » Cinnamon Shortbread. Shortbread Cookies are a must bake cookie for the Holiday Season, one of my favourites are my Mom's Shortbread and one my. Cut with cookie cutter and place cookies two inches apart on baking sheets.
Mix together flour, cinnamon and salt; add to butter. Mix till dough comes together; roll. Add some cinnamon and a drizzle of chocolate to turn this classic cookie into a decadent treat. You can cook Cinnamon Shortbread cookies using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Shortbread cookies
- You need 1 of and 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of pure cane sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of softened unsalted butter cut into cubes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Pure cane sugar to sprinkle on top before baking.
The nutty flavor of browned butter enriches shortbread cookies. As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with other businesses, I earn from qualifying purchases. Ground cinnamon heart-shaped candies are the surprise component of this shortbread cookie recipe. Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies are delicate crumbly cookies.
Cinnamon Shortbread cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar together untill mixed very well.
- Mix flour into butter/sugar blend.
- Mix in cinnamon,baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in vanilla extract and egg.
- Mix into a well incorporated dough (I used my hands to mix and knead the dough to ensure it was well mixed).
- Roll dough a quarter inch flat in between two sheets of parchment paper (it's cleaner then a floured surface and still non stick) and removed top sheet and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on sheet pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with cane sugar to your liking and bake for ten minutes….enjoy after cooling.