Butternut squash Pie. It is so easy and the taste is wonderful. —Mary Ellen Solesbee, Greer, South Carolina. This smooth, spicy made from scratch Butternut Squash Pie tastes even better than the traditional pumpkin pie!! Make this one for Thanksgiving dessert and EVERYONE will be asking for the recipe.
Make this butternut squash pie with fresh butternut squash from your grocery store, farmer's market or your own garden! Fresh butternut squash puree is much better than canned pumpkin puree. The candied squash and ginger relish adds freshness and bite to an otherwise rich and creamy pie. You can cook Butternut squash Pie using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash Pie
- You need 3 of butternut Squash.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Allspice.
- It’s of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Coconut creamed.
- You need of Vanilla extract.
- It’s of Cinnamon sugar.
- Prepare of Agave.
Butternut Squash Pie Recipe & Video. My Mom made a really good Pumpkin Pie, or so I thought. It wasn't until she was in her eighties that she told me her secret. Pie of the Week: Butternut Squash.
Butternut squash Pie instructions
- Slice butternut Squash in half, brush with grapeseed Oil and bake until tender.
- Scrape out all the squash after it cool down and add all ingredients except coconut milk/creamed and pulse in a blender should be a little lumpy.
- Pour in a bowl and add the coconut milk and creamed coconut this makes it creamy.
- Pour into our crust you can make it from scratch or use store bought. To keep it healthy homemade is better..
- Bake until crust and top is nicely brown. Let cool, slice and enjoy.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. She made her "Pumpkin" Pies with homemade butternut squash puree, not pumpkin puree. What I found is the mildly sweet, almost nutty flavor of butternut squash is perfect in a dessert pie. It uses butternut squash instead of pumpkin, which are equally available, and easier to cook.