Eggplant meatballs. Better than any eggplant recipes I get in a restaurant! Cook until eggplant begins to brown, stirring occasionally and adding water or vegetable broth as needed. Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh (discard the skin).
Then add breadcrumbs and mix until you get the consistency you want to form. Vegan, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten Free option. Eggplant meatballs satisfy the taste buds of meat-lovers and vegetarians alike. You can have Eggplant meatballs using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant meatballs
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of eggplant.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 2 oz of parmesan grated.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 2 of tblsp fresh basil diced.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp fresh oregano diced.
Its sweet aroma will increase your appetite. Furthermore, you can add any leftover food to enhance its flavor and avoid. These eggplant spinach meatballs are the perfect compromise. These meatballs also make a delicious dinner – served over spaghetti, zucchini noodles, or even with some crusty bread!
Eggplant meatballs step by step
- Pre heat 425°. Cut your eggplant into 1 inch squares..
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add eggplant. Add 1/4cup water and salt pepper to taste..
- Saute till tender, 10 -12 minutes..
- Add eggplant to a food processor. Pulse until chopped fine…
- In a large bowl, add bread crumbs,cheese, egg, eggplant, basil, oregano.
- Make your meatballs and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, flip, then bake another 10 minutes..
- Add your meatballs into some sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta enjoy..
These vegetarian eggplant meatballs were one of those recipes. These meatless aubergine (eggplant) meatballs will delight vegans and meat eaters alike! If a real food court existed I would be dragged there for crimes against. Meatless Mondays will never be the same using 'Meatball' eggplant as the main ingredient. Follow this recipe to create the best "meatballs" you've ever tasted from a vegetable.