Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock.
You can have Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock
- Prepare 2 of Japanese Eggplant.
- It’s 150 mL (5 oz) of Dashi (please check my Dashi recipe).
- You need 4.5 tablespoon of Sake.
- It’s 1.5 tablespoon of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Grated ginger (optional).
- Prepare of Thinly cut scallion (optional) as much as you need.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sesame (optional).
Japanese Eggplant in Dashi stock instructions
- Cut off the top of Eggplants, and cut in half length wise.
- Make thin slits on skin side (2 mm apart on each slits), and soak in water for 5~10 minutes..
- Mix all the ingredients except Eggplants in a small pan, and heat until before it comes to boil..
- Add Eggplants to 3 (skin side down), and cook for 5 minutes..
- Flip the Eggplants, then cook until tender (5~7 minutes)..
- Plate the Eggplants, and pour the dashi over it..
- Garnish with grated ginger, thinly cut (like needle thin) scallion, and/or sesame..