Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup.
You can have Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
- You need 1 of large bunch Bok Choy, white stems separated from green leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of grated peeled fresh ginger.
- You need 2 tablespoons of red curry paste (use mild or spicy, according to preference). Medium works best with this dish. I used a jar of Trader Joe's Red Curry Simmer Sauce!.
- You need 1 of small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 1 quart of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Asian fish sauce (don't skip this ingredient!! I use the Vietnamese versions)).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 (13 ounce) of can of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste.
- Prepare 8 ounces of Vermicelli (Angel Hair or similar) rice noodles.
- It’s 3 of limes, 2 juiced, one cut into wedges.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- You need of Shrimp or Scallops (see note in introduction).
Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup step by step
- Slice the Bok Choy stems into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the leaves into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. (If using regular pot, instructions are the same.) Add the sweet potato and the white stems of the Bok Choy, along with the stock. Bring to a simmer and add the fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about one minute..
- Stir in the coconut milk and salt, cover, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes (or if using a regular pot: 45 minutes on medium heat)).
- Meanwhile, cook the Vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions..
- Release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and stir in the Bok Choy greens until wilted. Add the lime juice and more salt to taste..
- Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup on top, garnishing with the cilantro and lime wedges.