You can have Seafood Bisque using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seafood Bisque
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced shallot.
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 quart of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken base.
- You need 14 oz of baby clam in juice.
- It’s 1/2 lb of uncooked shrimp.
- You need 1/3 lb of cod in one piece.
- It’s 1/3 lb of salmon in one piece.
- Prepare 2/3 lb of cooked crab meat, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sherry wine.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Seafood Bisque instructions
- Sauté minced shallots in butter until soft..
- Add the flour and stir with whisk for 5 minutes on low heat, set aside..
- Bring one quart of water to a boil and add chicken base, clams, crab, shrimp and whole pieces of salmon and cod..
- Return to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Strain the stock, reserving the seafood..
- Stir the shallot mixture into the stock..
- Add the heavy cream and half and half to the stock, bring to a simmer on low heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes..
- Chunk the salmon and cod and add all of the seafood back into the soup pot..
- Add the sherry and heat through, no more than 3 minutes..